Even though I can buy pitted cherries in the frozen food section of my grocery store, I’ve decided that life-as-I-know-it cannot move forward without a cherry pitter. [I know… Wow – you say to yourself – this gal must be about as deep as a puddle.]
This of course has led to my compiling a mental list of little gadgets that I lack that could make things that much more interesting and/or easy. Like a:
- knife sharpener (I only have the stick thingy and I don’t know how to use it – in fact I’m pretty sure I’m dulling my knives quite effectively with it)
- extendable rod duster to get those little cobwebs in the pot lights/cathedral ceiling corners (no, no, no, not marijuana lights dummy! pot lights – like, recessed, in the ceiling)
- handheld shower attachment (so that I can clean the shower walls without drenching myself in the process)
- Blackberry for remote email/blogging (because I just have a feeling that the home DSL’s going to shut me down again at any moment, leaving me in an internetless blackhole where existence ceases to be)
- squirrel eliminator (seriously…how much of my house and deck and garden am I supposed to let them eat?)
How about you? What’s indispensable?